Temporary Building Closure
Due to construction on the Margaret Cross Norton Building, the Illinois State Archives Reference Room will be closed to the public from March 1 to August 25. According to the Archives' website, records requests may still be submitted via phone, mail, email and through the Archives' website. Response times for fulfilling requests may be longer than normal.
While the ISGS Office is now open, due to this construction there may continue to be delays in fulfillment of services such as death certificate look-ups and publication orders.
** The ISGS Office will be closed from June 5 through June 12.**
ISGS Lineage Certificate Programs
ISGS is proud to announce a Prairie Pioneer certificate has been issued for John CRAWFORD:
• Prairie Pioneer Certificate #4004 – 1817 – Gallatin County
Visiting the ALPLM
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library – research is by appointment only.
- Operating days/hours: Monday thru Friday, 9am - 4:30pm.
- Appointments can be made by contacting the Reference Desk at: (217) 524-6358 or via email at email@example.com
- Additional information can be found on their website – click HERE.