With the generous help of its volunteers, ISGS is poised for continued success. The positions listed below present some interesting and exciting opportunities for you!
Please consider helping ISGS achieve its mission to preserve and disseminate Illinois historical and genealogical materials, and to educate and aid those researching their ancestry.
Latest Project: In addition to the ISGS Board and committee opportunities listed below, we are hard at work on a project indexing ledgers from the Illinois Department of Registration and Education 1877-1952. Interested? This project requires the following: a computer with a CD drive, Microsoft Excel, and an Internet connection. If you are not already in our database of indexers, please contact Becky Higgins, Indexing Coordinator, email@example.com
- Finance and Budget Chair: This committee monitors the financial condition of ISGS, makes recommendations to the Governing Board, and compiles the annual budget.
- Advertising Chair: Develops advertisers for the ISGS Quarterly, Newsletter, and fall conference syllabus.
- Long Range Planning: This committee considers plans for the improvement of the Society. They solicit suggestions from the membership, make regular reports to the Board, and present projects for action.
- Society Archivist: The Society's Archivist properly preserves and maintains the private records of the Society at the Illinois State Archives in Springfield, IL. These records do not involve the society's public genealogical holdings at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.
- Website Committee Chair: This committee monitors the ISGS website, adds new content, and maintains existing pages.